Monday, August 9, 2010

Captain Underpants

Last week, in honor of Patrick's birthday, we went to the store and picked out a pack of Spider Man underpants (note to designers of child underwear: put the character on the front, where the kid can see it). The first day he wore them to school he proudly told us "I'm going to show them to all of my friends" (which he did) and had no accidents all day. I'd been dreading potty training but it really has not been bad, especially with the gentle peer pressure of other kids at school wearing pull-ups and underpants. But we're not out of the woods yet. A few nights ago as we were eating dinner I heard the unmistakable sound of liquid dribbling on the floor. I looked at the counter: had a cup tipped over? Was the ceiling leaking? I wondered as I looked up. Something was splashing on my feet. "It's pee, Mommy," Patrick told me as he casually took another bite of broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I like Patrick's attitude. Very matter-of-fact. My kind of kid.

    ReplyDelete