Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Madeline Report: 18 Months


Madeline's 18 (well 19) month appointment went well. Our girl is just shy of 29 lbs and still entirely too unhappy with the measuring process for any sort of accurate reading on height or head. Her speech and motor skills are developing nicely and she is stringing words together, most often "sit down mama," "no mama no," and my favorite, "run mama run," which is an invitation to chase her around the kitchen island while she squeals with delight.

Madeline loves dolls and music, and does a nice little head bop/leg bend whenever a tune wafts through the air. She seems to be acquiring new words every day. She surprised me this weekend with "robot" and "oscar" (the grouch). "Book! book!" is another new word. She finally wants to be read to and will bring us books and climb into our laps. She loves Pat the Bunny, Snuggle Puppy, and all of the Sesame Street books, but will also gamely listen to the adventures of Spiderman and Batman, and continues to slavishly follow every move her beloved brother "Pa Pats" makes.

My other favorite word is "appy" which Madeline said to me one night a few weeks ago as we settled into her rocker to sing "You Are My Sunshine." When I got to "you make me happy" she added "appy" each time I said it. A few days later we took her trike to Patrick's school to pick him up and as we were rolling along, with Madeline clutching her snack cup in one hand and the handlebar in the other she turned back to look at me and said "appy!"
This is one very appy girl.

1 comment:

  1. She weigh's more than Charlotte! I'm sure she's taller too. !

    ReplyDelete