Monday, August 29, 2011

Connecticut Cuties











The good news: we bought a house. The bad news: we have to keep our own house clean to sell it. So a few weeks ago I packed up the kids for a week in Connecticut and some Grammy daycare while I worked and the house in Virginia stayed relatively pulled together. Patrick quickly fell into the routine of swimming every afternoon, frequent ice cream cones, bike rides and and trips to the playground at O.G. Elementary. Madeline enjoyed harvesting veggies from Grammy's garden and cuddling with her brother. I wasn't sure how much Patrick was understanding about the move until I asked him to clean up his toys one night and he said "we have to clean up so someone will buy this house, Mommy." He got me again a few days later when I caught him gazing at one of my favorite views of the beach. I got a little nostalgic and said I wished he could grow up swimming on the team at Rocky, to which he promptly replied, "I thought you didn't want me to grow up."

No comments:

Post a Comment