Saturday, June 14, 2014

Maddle and the Motorcade

Madeline was already thrilled to be staying home thanks to a minor throw up on the way to school. On my way home from Target for saltines and such I noticed that a block of Mt. Vernon Ave was shut down. The secret service was everywhere. I quickly parked and Madeline and I ran up the street to see what was going on. President Obama was in Fireflies restaurant! We grabbed a seat at the counter at Mancinis across the street and watched the 'action' which was a lot of waiting around looking at the press corps and secret service. But then we saw Obama walk out, and he waved as the motorcade drove by. I couldn't believe the set of factors that allowed her and I to be home together on such a big day and see the president from the window of our family hangout. Madeline, who as a native Washingtonian is less impressed by these things, said 'that was fun. Can I go home and watch Frozen?'

No comments:

Post a Comment