Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Giddle Song




Yesterday we were singing songs and Patrick told me he wanted to sing "The Giddle Song." I figured it was something he'd learned at school so I asked him to sing it to me. Then I heard something familiar...he was singing "The Good Old Song," which is what UVA sings after a touchdown. He wanted to hear it again and again, and listened to me with fist ready to pump in the air for cheering at the end. It really hit me how much these little things that Donald and I take for granted impact him, and how much he is picking up cues from us. He absolutely loves going to football games, even though he has only been to one other that I imagine he can remember. He loves to dance to the band, see Cav Man, get m&ms from Gran T, and go in the moon bounce at the fan fest. He's quickly seized on the football jersey as his top of choice. He wore it to school two days in a row last week and apparently told everyone he was going to a football game. He spotted some players on ESPN and told me "the big boys are wearing football jerseys just like me." And he loves giving Donald fashion advice, which consists of going to Donald's closet, looking at all of his orange shirts (which hang together) and insisting that he wear his football jerseys too. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment