Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Good Day



At bedtime on New Year's Patrick and I reviewed the events of our holiday. It was an unusually warm day, so after Gran T, Whitney, and Colton left in the morning Patrick rode his scooter to the park, where he and I played "chase and catch me" and dug for dinosaurs. After nap, Patrick spent the better part of an hour spinning around on the front porch and running, jumping, and playing ring-around-the-rosie with Madeline. His adoring sister was at his side the whole time, mimicking every move he made and giggling, squealing, and stomping her feet for the fun of it. We let Patrick watch the Rose Bowl for a little while after dinner and shared some of our snack, and he told us "I love sitting on the couch eating grapes and watching football." We finished our bedtime chat and he looked thoughtfully at the ceiling and said "I wish I could have this day again tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment