Saturday, November 26, 2011

Elmo Cake!














Madeline had a single, oft-repeated request for her birthday this year: ELMO CAKE. About 6 weeks before the big day she started talking about it, and found ways to drop it into casual conversation "I have Elmo cake, my birthday" she'd tell us over breakfast, in the car, in the bath. I even saw her pick up the phone and demand of the dial tone "I HAVE ELMO CAKE MY BIRTHDAY." So I went to three stores and thankfully Giant had a beautiful cake featuring not only Elmo but Big Bird too, riding a birthday train. On the 5th Sophie, Colton, Ella, and the Volz girls were in attendance to share a lunch of Madeline's beloved "hot dog fries" and bounce in the moonbounce. We had planned to be moved in, but alas we had a crew of electricians and a cleaning crew buzzing around as we celebrated. In spite of the craziness and the dust we really couldn't have asked for a nicer day for our sweet Maddle Maddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment