Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crafty


Patrick love "crafts," and prefers to work in the messiest mediums: paint, markers, and glitter glue, but I still encourage his art. One of his favorite new crafts is an animal collage kit that includes confetti-like tissue paper, buttons, googly eyes, feathers, and sequins. He loves to take it out, glue one or two items onto a cardboard cow or a sheep, and then just play with the rest of the items in the box, as he's doing in the picture.

While he takes after me where his art is concerned, I've noticed Patrick can be as mentally crafty as Donald, and is starting to negotiate with us in clever ways. Last weekend when it was too cold and rainy to go outside and play T-ball he told us "I'll just put on my jacket and play outside for a little while." A few days ago, when confronted with the sad reality that his Halloween pumpkin full of candy was pretty much empty he told me "I need to go trick-or-treating some more."

No comments:

Post a Comment