Monday, February 15, 2010

Uh Oh to That!






Perhaps he's been inspired by the winter olympics, or perhaps it's his new fascination with Finding Nemo, but Patrick has been wearing his Spider Man goggles with glee the past few days. He's said some funny things too. Last Friday we went to the ice cream shop and when I told him where we were going he became very concerned about each step of the trip. "Think you got a good parking space mommy?" he asked me as I circled the block. "Think you got the monies mommy?" he checked as we walked up to the door. As we debated the merits of chocolate vs. vanilla I suggested that he could get one and I'd get the other and we could share bites. He got very thoughtful and said "I'm not going to share Mommy." He's also picked up a new turn of phrase when something goes wrong: "uh oh to..." We've had uh oh to the football jersey when he spilled water on it, oh oh to to the ground when he spotted a big mud puddle, and "uh oh to mommy's sweater" when Madeline got me with yet another splat of spitup.

No comments:

Post a Comment