Monday, June 14, 2010

Blessed












Gran T, Grammy, Grandaddy, and Aunt Melissa all came into town for some very special weekend celebrations. Donald and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary with a delicious dinner out, Cousin Sophie turned two, and Donald, Patrick, and Madeline were baptized on Sunday. With the exception of me "losing" my keys in Gran T's purse and making us walk home from Mancini's because I thought they were locked in the car, Cousin Sophie being permanently traumatized by Uncle Donald breaking her donkey pinata (and some of the prizes inside), and me making coffee for the second time in a week with no pot underneath to actually catch the coffee, the weekend went off as planned. A special bonus was a Saturday morning dip in the pool—Madeline's very first swim ever! I thought she'd be cold, but one look at brother Patrick having so much fun and she insisted on getting in, splashing her hands, and squealing with delight. She had a great time and after the swim we both got a much-needed nap on a shady lounge chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment