Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Graduation Day

Last Friday Patrick and his fellow Muchkins performed a sweet, if perplexing, song as they wished their classmates the Wizards well on their path to kindergarten. We had a wonderful time at the post-graduation cookout as we all pondered the meaning of the hard-boiled egg and bottle of milk in Patrick's basket. The milk of knowledge? The fragile egg of youth? Whatever they mean, we are thrilled to be watching him blossom at school and are so grateful for his wonderful teachers and classmates. Late in the evening one of the dads finally filled us in on the words of the song, sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot:" I'm a little Munchkin, sweet and charm(?!) I carried my basket, and went to the farm I looked in my basket, and I don't know how, There was an egg from a chicken, and milk from a cow!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, the cutest EVER...i just want to eat them all up there! :)

    ReplyDelete