Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day







We filled a lonely weekend without Donald (who was at a bachelor party at the College World Series) with lots of activities to keep us busy: a Father's Day party at Abra; a trip to the playground where Patrick and I spent an hour making pretend food in the "kitchen"; a lovely but too brief visit with 2nd cousin Eleanor; a birthday party; a playdate; and a trip to the pool. Donald was never far from our thoughts though. At the Abra party, where I was standing in as "daddy" and wearing the beautiful hand-painted tie that Patrick made, he informed me that I had to share it with daddy. And last night when Patrick had me tell him a bedtime story about two cows named Patrick and Mariel who were planning Patrick's birthday party we went over the list of invitees. I thought I'd named all of his friends and cousins and was moving on to cake flavors when he stopped me and said, "and don't forget my daddy." Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment